PECIPTA 2017 offers opportunity to academia and industries to secure Public-Private Research Network (PPRN) grant.
‘Demand –Driven Innovation Project’ by PPRN, is an initiative spearheaded by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia; as one of the strategies to close the technological knowledge gap, increase productivity and strengthen Malaysian economic development through innovation and commercialization programs.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Company describes technological problems or areas where there is potential for productivity gains.
- PPRN will find a team of experts/scientist that will provide /develop state of the art technology to solve problem.
- Company and PPRN will co-finance development cost.
BENEFITS OF PPRN
- Enable the creation of a knowledge friendly ecosystem in Malaysia through applied research.
- Ensure that the research and innovation carried out by Higher Learning Institutions and Research Institutions remain relevant and meet the needs of industry and society.
- Ensure cost effective project implementation by optimizing the resources in Higher Learning Institutions and Research Institutions and stimulating investment from industries.
- Help to increase productivity and industrial technological, thus enabling them to move up the value chain.
- The national goal for sustained development and a more equitable society will be achieved.
- Application is open for all companies registered in Malaysia with annual sales turnover of more than RM50,000.
- Projects need to be technological in nature
- Projects that essentially involve management or marketing solutions will not be considered
- Projects that essentially require the purchase of off-the-shelve solutions will not be considered
- Product/services must be at commercial stage i.e ready in market but may need improvement in term of process or product itself
- No field restriction for projects
- For multinational companies, they must have a majority of Malaysians as shareholders (>51%).
For more details on PPRN: www.pprn.mohe.gov.my/portal/